Most of us in society do not really have the slightest clue what is the meaning of support. If we did then there would be more people getting involved in supporting one another. Support is to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him/her or it to succeed. For instance:
- If you support a team or a player you would go to the match or tournament to watch them play.
- You may help someone emotionally or physically when they need it, they shouldn’t have to ask.
- You may give a person money they need in order to buy food and clothes.
- If there is a protest in your community you would go and match against the problem.
- If someone writes a blog you would like it or make a comment so they would know you have interests in their stories, how could they feel encouraged if you just scroll through and dont really take the time to read it.
- Having the person by your side when things are rocky is a true gift. Emotional support is about helping to lift someone to higher ground so he or she can see their way through the difficulty. Having someone to rely on when the chips are down is one of the best parts in being in a relationship.
One of the ways to help others is to simply share your knowledge. You dont have to be in front of a classroom to teach. Everyday you can find ways of educating someone about something. But you also have to keep educating yourself and gaining more knowledge to help those who need it.
In helping someone we find out what is the most valuable help they need. We may spend time and effort in helping someone with something they didn’t even want help with. Make an effort to ask them what and where they need help and keep it in mind when you see an opportunity to help them.
Time is valuable and most people understand that. When you take time out of your day to help someone they remember it. Helping others isn’t always easy, it can sometimes derail your schedule and cost you time, money and other resources. It can even be interpreted the wrong way. But teaching people, especially children, the importance of supporting, helping, giving to others, whether time money or energy, is one of the most valuable character traits in a Child of GOD.
It dosen’t matter how big or little you have to support,help or give, its the heart in which you do. Be encouraged to make a difference in someone’s life, you never know how a small act of kindness can draw someone closer to God. Christians should consider the interest of others and help those who need the help.
Galatians 6:2- says ” carry each other burdens and in this way you will fulfil the law of christ.”
Hebrews 6:10- says “God is not unjust, he will not forget your work and your love you have shown him as you have help his people and continue to help them.”
😇Milz- for even Christ didn’t live to please himself. If you found interest in the article please leave a like or comment below, thanks….